Shauna King, Ed.S. is an educational consultant who also serves as adjunct faculty for LaSalle University, a school climate coach with The University of Maryland Positive School Center and a certified presenter for the TranZed Institute. She is a former principal, classroom teacher and PBIS district coordinator with over 20 years of experience in public and non-public school settings.
Shauna has a talent and passion for connecting with adults who have chosen to serve children. This passion led to the formation of King Professional Development Services, an organization designed to engage and empower the adults who serve children.
Shauna is the author of School Smart: It’s more than Just Reading and Writing, and her articles on teacher language and positive behavior have been featured in the AMLE (Association for Middle Level Education) magazine and NAREN (National At-Risk Education Network) journal.
As a member of the TranZed Institute’s team of certified presenters, Shauna has traveled nationally and internationally presenting on brain-based topics including executive function, poverty and the brain, and building student engagement. She also served as a keynote and featured presenter at numerous local, national and international conferences, including the annual NAREN-TranZed conference.
Shauna earned a Bachelor of Science in Education from Morgan State University, a Masters of Education from Bowie State University and an Education Specialist degree in Adult Learning from Walden University. Shauna is a proud wife and mother of two children, who are the joy of her life. She is also an active member of her church where she serves on the Leadership Team and as Chairperson of the Drama Ministry.
WORKSHOPS presented by SHAUNA include:
- Becoming a Mental Health Sleuth: The “Sherlock Holmes Skills” Every School Needs
- Beyond Poverty: Brain-Inspired Ways to Understand and Respond to Poverty
- Brain Matters: The Essential Guide To Brain-Based Learning
- Change Your Language, Change Their Lives: What Adults Can Say Differently Today to Transform the Tomorrows of Our Youth
- Conquering Boredom, Apathy and Indifference in the Classroom: Strategies to Engage, Excite and Motivate Your Students
- Giving a Fish a Bath: The Untold Story of the Adolescent Mind
- Jack’s Brain, Jill’s Brain: Gender Differences and Why They Matter
- Right From the Start: Building Great Brains From Birth to Age Five
- Trauma and the Brain: The Developmental Impact of Trauma in Childhood
- The New IQ?: Understanding and Teaching Executive Functions Skills In and Out of the Classroom