Emily is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a background in multiple practice areas. She has extensive experience in working with adult survivors of trauma, specifically women dually diagnosed with substance abuse and mental illness. She has trained locally and nationally on trauma interventions and trauma informed care.
Emily is currently working as a Title I Family Liaison for Talbot County Public Schools on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, and as a therapist in private practice.
In her free time, Emily enjoys singing in her church’s contemporary choir, encouraging her teenage daughter to appreciate her own brain, and watching Jeopardy!
WORKSHOPS presented by EMILY include:
- Becoming a Mental Health Sleuth: The “Sherlock Holmes Skills” Every School Needs
- Beyond Poverty: Brain-Inspired Ways to Understand and Respond to Poverty
- Brain Matters: The Essential Guide To Brain-Based Learning
- Change Your Language, Change Their Lives: What Adults Can Say Differently Today to Transform the Tomorrows of Our Youth
- Giving a Fish a Bath: The Untold Story of the Adolescent Mind
- Trauma and the Brain: The Developmental Impact of Trauma in Childhood