Gloria is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Educational Consultant, Parent Educator and Coach. She has extensive experience working with parents, students, educators and a wide variety of other professionals. Her work history includes working in all areas of child welfare for the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. In 2012, she retired as a middle school counselor and is now on her Encore Career. Her passion for learning continues as she seeks new information to enhance the lives of others, keeping her “toolbox” of skills up to date and provide meaningful information to those in her audiences.
Gloria has presented at several local, state, national and international trainings over the last 15 years. Her areas of interest are brain based learning, impact of trauma on childhood development, and helping adults understand what’s driving the behavior of children. Gloria has been teaching parenting classes for more than 15 years in her community. She is a certified presenter with the TranZed Institute. She loves the neuroscience offered in these presentations as it helps caring adults understand the brain development and provide strategies to help children be successful in life.
Gloria has a B. A. degree from Michigan State University in Social Science Education, a M.A. degree from Eastern Michigan University in Guidance and Counseling. Additionally, she has an M.Ed. Degree in Educational Administration from Saginaw Valley State University. Gloria has her own business, Parenting and Teaching with G.L.O., (Great Learning Opportunities) LLC. Her passion is to help teachers and parents, therefore children are provided opportunities to find their own strengths and create their own miracles.
Gloria is a parent of three grown children. She is blessed several grandchildren and enjoys using her skills with her grandchildren. This hands on experience keeps her current on what it takes to raise children who are empathetic, curious, resilient and able to handle the challenges of this ever changing world.
WORKSHOPS presented by GLORIA include:
- Becoming a Mental Health Sleuth: The “Sherlock Holmes Skills” Every School Needs
- Beyond Poverty: Brain-Inspired Ways to Understand and Respond to Poverty
- Brain Matters: The Essential Guide To Brain-Based Learning
- Change Your Language, Change Their Lives: What Adults Can Say Differently Today to Transform the Tomorrows of Our Youth
- Conquering Boredom, Apathy and Indifference in the Classroom: Strategies to Engage, Excite and Motivate Your Students
- Giving a Fish a Bath: The Untold Story of the Adolescent Mind
- Jack’s Brain, Jill’s Brain: Gender Differences and Why They Matter
- Mind Management: Neuroscience, Self-Care and Life Success
- Rethinking ADHD: What Works, What Doesn’t and Why
- Right From the Start: Building Great Brains From Birth to Age Five
- Trauma and the Brain: The Developmental Impact of Trauma in Childhood
- The New IQ?: Understanding and Teaching Executive Functions Skills In and Out of the Classroom